The love of tailoring and dedication to dresses is deep rooted.
In 1850 Marina Rinaldi, the founder’s great grandmother, owned and managed a major workshop in the centre of Reggio Emilia: an artisanal business whose attention to detail and finishes truly stood out. This almost visceral passion was later passed on to her granddaughter, Giulia Fontanesi Maramotti, who began teaching herself sewing and patternmaking in 1925, publishing a series of volumes dedicated to the “theory of cutting”.
It was within this context that Cavaliere Achille Maramotti founded the first company of the Max Mara Group in 1951, today one of the most prestigious international fashion houses, recognised worldwide as the forerunner of modern ready-to-wear: ”haute de gamme” women’s clothing produced using excellent industrial processes.
It is a record that the Group has consolidated over time thanks to the adoption, from the outset, of the latest product distribution models. Sophisticated single-brand stores on the world’s most famous shopping streets and beyond.
Milan, Paris, London, Moscow, New York, Tokyo, as well as South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Australia, Brazil and China.
The Group is now present in 105 countries with more than 2,500 single-brand stores and over 10,000 multi-brand stores.
Continuing the international aspirations expressed from the outset, when the name had been chosen: Max Mara. A name with a ring to it, and one that is easy to pronounce in every language.